Thursday, April 21, 2011

Site I Like - XY Online


The one thing I despise about feminism is the sometimes overdone painting out of men to be heartless, misogynistic, overbearing dicks.  While women were busy trying to pave the way towards gender equality (some of us, trying to claim all out supremacy), we sometimes forgot to look at both the progress of males and also the hurdles they, themselves, are subjected too.  

From my perspective: It doesn't look easy to be a sensitive male in society and frankly I wish there was more support and resources for progressive, pro-gender equality masculinity.  Like an answer to this thought, a friend shared this site with me and just from what I've read, I can tell this is a great resource for issues surrounding men & gender politics. So good to see an embracing of masculinity that does not surcome to demonization of females nor the submission to the more militant aspects that have some times found there way into feminism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>